Photo Credit: Archethought
Transform Conversations Through Knowledge
Archethought solves urban noise problems by providing a cost-effective, easy to deploy noise monitoring system. Using off the shelf components integrated with sophisticated software and cloud based processing systems, Archethought makes near real-time noise reporting accessible to smaller cities with limited budgets and expertise, seeking to reduce and avoid the costs of noise complaints, while improving overall quality of living in urban settings.
When event producers, sound engineers, residents and public safety officials can all see accurate noise information, emotional dynamics become real, productive conversations towards lasting solutions.
How can our cities identify and solve noise issues among residents and events? What noise levels are affecting our city and where do they originate? When do most noise complaints happen and where?
- Existing solutions don’t provide information to all affected parties
- When noise complaints are reported, it’s difficult to obtain actual data
- Too many resources are used to address complaints that often recur without resolution
Archethought Smart Venue™ Technology provides a mobile or permanent installation to monitor noise levels.
- Sensors are simple, low cost, and easy to deploy
- Calibrated Class 2 monitors are used, with yearly calibration
- Data is posted in near real-time to a Web app, providing a reference for all affected parties
- Data is stored permanently, providing future evidence to analyze full urban noise patterns
How accurate is the noise monitor?
Using Class 2 (Type 2) monitors gives +/- 2 dBA accuracy.
Is the sensor system waterproof?
The electronics are contained in an IP65 water resistant case. However the microphone sensor should be protected from direct rain.
Can we download the noise sensing data for our own spreadsheets?
Yes, your data is your data. Down is available directly from the web interface. One-click, then copy and paste.
What is different from available solutions?
Noise monitoring is difficult without traditionally expensive equipment and specialist skills.
By storing data permanently in the cloud, future analyses are based on real data, significantly improving planning.
Will city employees and residents use a smartphone or web to view the data?
Yes. Remember when you didn’t have a smartphone, GPS, and navigation? When key information requires internet access, people find a device and learn how to use it.
Are the display solutions customizable?
Yes. We provide a white label mechanism to include logo and other municipal information for the easy-to-use web interface.